Electrical Application Engineer
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Company: Jastram Engineering Ltd. (JEL)
Jastram Engineering Ltd. is setting the standard in marine steering excellence. We design and manufacture hydraulic steering systems and steering controls for all types of vessels.
Established in 1989, Jastram is well-respected in the international marine steering system market.
We are looking for an Electrical Application Engineer to grow Jastram’s marine custom steering systems and other business. Our Electrical Applications Engineer is responsible for the following:
- liaising with other members of the Sales team, Jastram’s agents, and directly with our customers to obtain the required technical information
- defining electrical systems architecture and requirements for custom product design
- completing electrical preliminary calculations as well as supporting 2D and 3D drawings
- designing, writing, and compiling supporting electrical technical documentation.
- liaising with our Production group and ensuring that electrical production goals are on target
The successful candidate must have an Electrical Technologist degree. Also required are:
- Excellent command of the English language, oral and written,
- Excellent command of 2D and 3D drafting, Autocad and Solidworks, as well as Microsoft software.
- Education in Mechatronics and/or mechanical systems is an asset
Each staff member in Jastram Group has a responsibility to work constructively and cooperatively with every other member of staff to ensure that Jastram customers are served in accordance with Jastram’s mission, values, plans, policies and procedures.
Applicants should be legally entitled to live and work in Canada.