Jastram Engineering Ltd., established in 1989, is one of the world’s most recognized supplier in the marine steering industry. Our main office is located on the beautiful West Coast of Canada in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
If you enjoy challenging work assignments and possess the following skills, then we may have a career for you:
• Enjoy working in a friendly, safe, and self motivated environment
• Have a passion to learn and apply skills on a continuing basis
• Recognize that our customers success is our success
• Enjoy working in a team environment
All Jastram team members are expected to live out these company values:
• Being respectful
• Being responsible
• Behaving ethically
• Being innovative
• Striving for continuous improvement
Having knowledge of the marine industry is an asset, but not a requirement. If you feel that you have the skills and mindset for a position at Jastram, please continue to check this page for any openings.
Jastram is seeking to fill the following positions:
Our busy and growing operation in North Vancouver has an opening for an experienced Machine Operator. The successful candidate will thrive in a high quality, deadline driven environment where continual improvement is part of the way we work every day. Our production floor is modern, well-lit and well-maintained. We pay competitive wages and offer a good benefit package to the right individual.
The position reports to the Machine Shop Foreman.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cutting raw material.
• De-burring parts and raw material.
• Operate CNC mills and lathes (load, start cycle, unload, deburr, measure) so as to produce all parts according to specifications in a timely manner.
• Perform machining tasks in a safe and professional manner, and achieve targets.
• Provide feedback to management and engineering on suggestions for product quality and manufacturability improvements.
• Actively support and participate in the company Safety and 5S program.
• Comfortable and experienced in a machine shop environment.
• Comfortable with working with castings, rolled and extruded materials such as ductile iron, steel, stainless steel, bronze and aluminum.
• Able to follow work instructions and procedures and to listen and understand directions.
• Good communication skills.
• Bring a attitude to the workplace that enhances an already healthy working environment.
• Be a team player.
• Be comfortable with the concept of continual improvement.
• Willing and able to work different shifts and to work overtime where required.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Sales and Applications Engineer to grow Jastram’s marine steering and other business in China and South East Asia. At Jastram a Sales and Applications Engineer is responsible for the following:
• liaising with other members of the Sales team, Jastram’s agents, and directly with our customers to obtain required technical and commercial information for quotation purposes
• quoting the steering system and identifying the necessary steps to win the project
• completing the required mechanical and electrical preliminary calculations as well as supporting 2D and 3D drawings
• following up on quotations
• liaising with the Engineering team and managing projects through to completion
Our Sales and Applications Engineer is also responsible for designing, writing, and compiling supporting technical documentation for the Sales department, such as technical agreements, artwork for products and systems advertising and Sales and Marketing brochures.
The successful candidate must have an Engineering or Technologist degree (Mechatronics or equivalent preferred) with a strong background in both mechanical and electrical engineering, excellent command of English AND Chinese / Mandarin languages, oral and written, experience and excellent command of 2D and 3D drafting, AutoCAD and SolidWorks, as well as Microsoft and Adobe editing and publishing software.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a marine background who is able to decipher technical requirements so as to find opportunities for our current products and identify new product needs that bring lasting value to our customers.
Applicants should be legally entitled to live and work in Canada and must be able to travel freely throughout Asia.
Please reply via email to Susan Foster at email@example.com
Telephone: 1-604-988-1111 | Fax: 1-604-986-0334
135 West Riverside Drive, North Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada V7H1T6