Jastram Engineering Ltd., established in 1989, is one of the world’s most recognized supplier in the marine steering industry. Our main office is located on the beautiful West Coast of Canada in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
If you enjoy challenging work assignments and possess the following skills, then we may have a career for you:
• Enjoy working in a friendly, safe, and self motivated environment
• Have a passion to learn and apply skills on a continuing basis
• Recognize that our customers success is our success
• Enjoy working in a team environment
All Jastram team members are expected to live out these company values:
• Being respectful
• Being responsible
• Behaving ethically
• Being innovative
• Striving for continuous improvement
Having knowledge of the marine industry is an asset, but not a requirement. If you feel that you have the skills and mindset for a position at Jastram, please continue to check this page for any openings.
Jastram is seeking to fill the following positions:
Our busy and growing operation in North Vancouver has an opening for an experienced Machine Operator. The successful candidate will thrive in a high quality, deadline driven environment where continual improvement is part of the way we work every day. Our production floor is modern, well-lit and well-maintained. We pay competitive wages and offer a good benefit package to the right individual.
The position reports to the Machine Shop Foreman.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cutting raw material.
• De-burring parts and raw material.
• Operate CNC mills and lathes (load, start cycle, unload, deburr, measure) so as to produce all parts according to specifications in a timely manner.
• Perform machining tasks in a safe and professional manner, and achieve targets.
• Provide feedback to management and engineering on suggestions for product quality and manufacturability improvements.
• Actively support and participate in the company Safety and 5S program.
• Comfortable and experienced in a machine shop environment.
• Comfortable with working with castings, rolled and extruded materials such as ductile iron, steel, stainless steel, bronze and aluminum.
• Able to follow work instructions and procedures and to listen and understand directions.
• Good communication skills.
• Bring a attitude to the workplace that enhances an already healthy working environment.
• Be a team player.
• Be comfortable with the concept of continual improvement.
• Willing and able to work different shifts and to work overtime where required.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
Send your application to email@example.com
Telephone: 1-604-988-1111 | Fax: 1-604-986-0334
135 West Riverside Drive, North Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada V7H1T6